Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Art becomes Art


Some of you might remember this image I took a while back. I try and write my grandmother (whom we call Mema, formally know as Florine Hollan) often as she lost her ability to speak over 5 years ago to thyroid cancer. When I write to her I send pictures. Well I guess she really liked this one...look below the photograph to see what I received in the mail about a week later.

I was so blow away. Now my Mema has always been an artist. I had a paint brush in my hand at a very young age. And Mema did not fool around, she would set all the grandchildren up with easels, paint brushes, stretched canvases, oil paints, the works. We did not paint with cheap watercolors in coloring books...no sir, we made masterpieces. I will showcase some of her other work later this week.

The thing that made this so special to me was that she has taken my "Art" and her "Art" and together we made something beautiful. I was honored that she chose to render my image this way. Hope you enjoy as well.




2 comments:

Mark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mark said...

ya know what, this really is awesome. Praise God for both of your artisitc talents!